Using the KitchenAid Burr Grinder
- Select Grind Size: Refer to the Brew method icons on the machine. Rotate the Grind size knob to select a grind size within the brew method range you are using. The selected grind size will be shown on the display.
NOTE: As grind size number increases, the actual grind size decreases (1 is Coarse, and 70 is fine).
TIP: If Grind size knob is hard to rotate, run the machine while adjusting the size to remove any coffee grounds caught between the burrs.
- Select Coffee Dose: Rotate the Dose selection knob for the number of cups or shots.
French press, Perc, Drip coffee: Select between 1 - 12 cups.
Espresso: Select between 1 - 2 shots.
- To start grinding: Press Start/Stop to begin grinding. The grinder will stop automatically when the time reaches 0 on the display.
- To pause during grinding: Press Start/Stop. To resume grinding press Start/Stop.
NOTE: Grinder can remain paused for up to 15 seconds. After 15 seconds, the cycle will cancel, and the display will show the current selection.
- To cancel the grinding cycle: Press and hold Start/Stop for 3 seconds.
- To change the coffee amount for a dose: If desired, rotate the Time adjustment knob to customize the desired amount of coffee for a particular selected dose. Increase the grinding time to increase the coffee ground amount or decrease the grinding time to reduce the coffee ground amount.
Still need help? Contact us or schedule service.
Please contact us or click below to make an appointment from our preferred list of service providers for service on your appliances.
Interested in purchasing an Extended Service Plan?
Please click below to learn more on how you can save up to 25% on New Appliance Extended Service Plans within 30 days of your appliance purchase.