How to prep the food
- Cut solid foods into small pieces for more effortless blending or chopping.
- Remove hard items, such as fruit pits or bones, from the mixture before blending or chopping to help prevent damage to the blades.
- Do not use your Hand Blender to process coffee beans or hard spices such as nutmegs. Processing these foods could damage the blades.
How to help with splashing
To avoid splashing, insert the Hand Blender into the mixture before pressing the power button and release the power button before pulling the Hand Blender out of the mix. To prevent splattering, use the whisk attachment in deep containers or pans.
NOTE: Hand Blender should only be immersed in liquids the length of the attachment.
- Do not submerge beyond the seam of the blending attachment.
- Do not immerse the motor body into liquids or other mixtures.
- When blending in a saucepan on a cooktop, remove the pan from the heating element to protect the Hand Blender from overheating.
- To prevent overflow, allow room in the container for the mixture to rise when using the Hand Blender.
Tips for Improved Results
- Insert Hand Blender with Blending Arm attached into the Blending Pitcher containing ingredients at an angle and gently move up and down within the container.
- Do not pound down on the mixture with the Hand Blender.
- Use your free hand to cover the top of the Blending Pitcher for better stability and avoid splattering.
- Rest the Hand Blender on the bottom of the Blending Pitcher momentarily, then hold at an angle and slowly draw it upwards against the side of the pitcher.
- As the Hand Blender is drawn up, you will notice the ingredients from the bottom of the pitcher being drawn up.
- When the ingredients are no longer being drawn up from the bottom, return the Hand Blender to the bottom of the pitcher and repeat the process until the ingredients are at the desired consistency.
- Using a light circular motion from your wrist, draw the Hand Blender up slightly and let it fall again into the ingredients.
- Allow your wrist motion and the weight of the Hand Blender to do the work.
- Be sure the extra-long cord of the Hand Blender is not extending over a hot heating element.
- Do not let the Hand Blender sit in a hot pan on the cooktop while not in use.
- Do not use the pitcher or the chopper bowl in the microwave oven.
- The stainless steel whisk may scratch or mar non-stick coatings; avoid using the whisk in non-stick cookware.
Still need help? Contact us or schedule service.
Please contact us or click below to make an appointment from our preferred list of service providers for service on your appliances.
Interested in purchasing an Extended Service Plan?
Please click below to learn more on how you can save up to 25% on New Appliance Extended Service Plans within 30 days of your appliance purchase.