Stainless Cutlery Tips
Tips for KitchenAid® Stainless Cutlery
Using Your Cutlery
- Select the proper knife for the task at hand.
- Do not use knives to cut through bone or to cut or separate frozen foods; it may damage or dull the blade.
- Do not use knives as a screwdriver or can opener; it may damage the blade.
- Use smooth, easy-to-clean cutting surfaces. Wood and polyethylene cutting boards are recommended.
- Do not use knives on hard surfaces that can dull or damage the cutting edge, such as glass, stone, ceramic, metal, or countertops.
Caring For Cutlery
- Cutlery is dishwasher safe, but hand washing is recommended for lasting appearance and performance.
KitchenAid® cutlery sets include a knife sharpening steel. The KitchenAid® sharpening steel may also be purchased separately. To maintain a precision cutting edge, follow the enclosed instructions to sharpen cutlery after each use.
NOTE: Knives with serrated edges must be professionally sharpened.
Still need help? Contact us or schedule service.
Please contact us or click below to make an appointment from our preferred list of service providers for service on your appliances.
Interested in purchasing an Extended Service Plan?
Please click below to learn more on how you can save up to 25% on New Appliance Extended Service Plans within 30 days of your appliance purchase.
If you would like to download or view product literature for your appliance, please visit our Manuals and Literature page.