Reversing the Door
How to Reverse the Door on the KitchenAid Ice Maker (Side Swing Models Only)
1. Remove Stainless Steel Door Wrap Panel (on some models):
- Remove the two hex-head screws (A) located under the stainless steel door wrap panel flange on the bottom of the door.
- Pull up and outward on the door wrap panel from the bottom.
- Rotate the door wrap panel until it separates from the door and pull up.
NOTE: Be sure the edge guards do not separate from the door wrap panel.
2. Door Stop and End-Cap Reversal:
- Unplug the ice maker or disconnect power.
- Remove the handle screws and handle (on some models).
- Remove the hinge pin from the top hinge.
- Remove the door from the hinges and replace the top hinge pin.
- Remove the screw and door stop at corner A. Remove the screw and end cap at corner C. Place the door stop at corner C, and tighten screw. Place the end cap at corner A, and tighten screw.
- Remove the screw and door stop at corner D. Remove the screw and end cap at corner B. Place the door stop at corner B, and tighten screw. Place the end cap at corner D, and tighten screw.
- Depending on your model, the brand badge for the front door of your ice maker may be in the package with the Owner's Manual. Fasten the brand badge to the door.
- Set the door aside.
3. Reversing the Hinges
- Unscrew and remove the top hinge. Replace the screws in the empty hinge holes.
- Remove the screws from the bottom of the opposite side of the ice maker cabinet. Turn the top hinge upside down so that the hinge pin points up. Place the hinge on the bottom opposite side of the ice maker and tighten screws.
- Remove the “old” bottom hinge screws and hinge. Replace the screws in the empty hinge holes.
- Remove the screws from the top of the opposite side of the ice maker cabinet. Turn the hinge upside down so that the hinge pin points down. Place the hinge on the top opposite side of the ice maker and tighten the screws.
- Remove the top hinge pin.
4. Replace the Door
- Place the door on the bottom hinge pin.
- Align the door with the top hinge hole and replace the top hinge pin.
- Replace the handle and handle screws.
Replace Stainless Steel Door Wrap (on some models)
- Place the door wrap flange onto the door top and ensure that it fits correctly.
- Rotate the door wrap downward until it covers the door surface completely.
- Install the two hex-head screws into the bottom of the door.
5. Reverse the Door Catch
- Remove the white decorative screws from the opposite side of the door and set aside.
- Remove the screws from the magnetic door catch and place them on the opposite side of the door.
- Install the white decorative screws on the opposite side of the door
- Plug into a grounded 3 prong outlet
It is important for the ice maker to be level in order to work properly. Depending upon where you install the ice maker, you may need to make several adjustments to level it. You may also use the leveling legs to lower the height of the ice maker for undercounter installations.
CLICK HERE for instructions on how to level your ice maker.
If you would like to download or view product literature for your appliance, please visit our Manuals and Literature page.