Why should you clean the interior of your refrigerator?
You must thoroughly clean both sections to eliminate and prevent odors. Cleaning your refrigerator will also help it run at peak performance.
CLICK HERE for more information on how to help eliminate odors.
How to clean the interior of the refrigerator?
Cleaning the refrigerator about once a month is recommended. This will help keep the refrigerator well organized and help manage the freshness levels of the beverages and food inside. Hand washing with a mild detergent is recommended for cleaning the interior bins, shelves, and other items.
Steps for cleaning the interior
- Unplug wine cellar or disconnect power.
- Remove all racks, bins and/or shelves from inside the refrigerator.
- Hand wash, rinse, and dry removable parts and interior surfaces thoroughly. Use a clean sponge or soft cloth and a mild detergent in warm water.
- To avoid damaging wooden tines and trim pieces, wipe them off with a clean sponge or soft cloth and warm water. Do not use detergent or immerse the entire rack into the water when cleaning.
- To help remove odors, you can wash interior walls with a mixture of warm water and baking soda (2 tbs to 1 qt [26 g to 0.95 L] of water).
- Wash stainless steel and painted metal exteriors with a clean sponge or soft cloth and a mild detergent in warm water. Do not use abrasive or harsh cleaners, or cleaners containing chlorine. These can scratch or damage materials. Dry immediately with a soft, dry cloth to absorb any remaining water.
NOTE: To keep your stainless steel refrigerator looking new and to remove minor scuffs or marks, it is recommended that you use the manufacturer’s approved Stainless Steel Cleaner and Polish.
- This cleaner is for stainless steel parts only!
- Do not allow the Stainless Steel Cleaner and Polish to come into contact with any plastic parts such as the trim pieces, dispenser covers, or door gaskets. If unintentional contact does occur, clean the plastic part with a sponge and mild detergent in warm water. Dry immediately with a soft, dry cloth to absorb any remaining water.
This part can be ordered at our Purchase Genuine Parts site.
- Replace the racks and/or removable parts.
If you would like to purchase one of these accessories, you may visit your local retailer or Order Accessories online.
Still need help? Contact us or schedule service.
Please contact us or click below to make an appointment from our preferred list of service providers for service on your appliances.
Interested in purchasing an Extended Service Plan?
Please click below to learn more on how you can save up to 25% on New Appliance Extended Service Plans within 30 days of your appliance purchase.